On this week’s episode of the WHIP News crackdown, we take a close look at Michael Cohen’s testimony from last week – all in an attempt to get you the most important details. Cohen testified to the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Wednesday (2/27) about President Trump’s relationships with Russia, Stormi Daniels, and Karen McDugal. In the process, he implicated the president in a series of potentially illegal hush money payments, non-disclosure agreements, and illegal campaign finance activity. Michael Cohen’s testimony on Donald Trump has added more fuel to the fire of controversy surrounding the administration.
Want to help us make the Crackdown better? Take our news content survey and tell us what you think!
Are you a student at Temple with skills relevant to the Crackdown? Consider applying to join the WHIP News Department!
- Hill: Timeline: How Cohen turned on Trump
- WSJ: Trump Lawyer Arranged $130,000 Payment for Adult-Film Star’s Silence
- NYT: Michael D. Cohen, Trump’s Longtime Lawyer, Says He Paid Stormy Daniels Out of His Own Pocket
- Hill: Stormy Daniels files lawsuit against Trump
- NYT: F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen; Trump Calls It ‘Disgraceful’
- CNBC: Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen pleads guilty, admits to making illegal payments at direction of candidate to influence election
- NYT: Cohen Pleads Guilty and Details Trump’s Involvement in Moscow Tower Project
- NYT: Michael Cohen Accuses Trump of Expansive Pattern of Lies and Criminality
- AP: ‘Racist,’ ‘con man’: Cohen assails Trump before Congress
- NYT: Testimony From Cohen Could Compound Legal Issues for Trump
- NYT: Michael D. Cohen’s Congressional Testimony
Thumbnail picture of Cohen: “Trump executive Michael Cohen 015” by IowaPolitics.com on Flickr
“Hard Boiled” and “Samba Isobel” musci by Kevin MacLeod, available on Incompetech.com