Mumps at Temple & White Nationalist Terrorism in New Zealand
Strap in, it’s been an eventful second week in March. Host Tony Pearson walks through events including a horrific terrorist attack in New Zealand, various updates on controversies and policies in Donald Trump’s administration, a national college admission scandal, and updates to Temple University’s recent mumps outbreak – plus more news.
Interested in radio careers? Or just interested in radio? Register for WHIP’s March 29th radio industry networking event, TURNs!
Want to help us make the Crackdown better? Take our news content survey and tell us what you think!
Are you a student at Temple with skills relevant to the Crackdown? Consider applying to join the WHIP News Department!
- Guardian: What we know so far about the New Zealand Shooting
- Guardian: Christchurch attack: suspect had white-supremacist symbols on weapons
- Politico: Trump and Cohen in a Twitter tussle over pardon claims
- MSN: New Zealand shooting victim’s ‘courageous’ last words to gunman go viral
- Week: Paul Manafort sentenced to 47 months in prison for fraud, tax evasion
- Week: Paul Manafort sentenced to another 3 1/2 years in prison for conspiracy charges
- Week: House votes 420-0 to make Mueller’s report public
- NYT: Senate Rejects Trump’s Border Emergency Declaration, Setting Up First Veto
- CNBC: Education Dept. faces 10% funding cut under Trump’s 2020 budget proposal
- AP: TV stars and coaches charged in college bribery scheme
- WHYY: Philadelphia Council introduces bill to phase out soda tax
- TUNews: Temple-related mumps cases reach 38 on Thursday
- GP: Celebration of Globalization Concert 2019
- WHIP: Christchurch, Radicalization, and Calling for Action on Climate Change | Rational Radio
Show theme music: “Synthwave Attempt” by Kuseki
Credits music: “Wallspin” by Neil Cicierega